Friday, February 27, 2009

I am to Crochet what Yoda is to the Force...or something....

So about two weeks ago my Aunt was in town to see my Grandparents. This was a lot of fun because I love to see my Aunt. I went over to my Grandparents house at one point, and she was making a baby blanket, because my cousin Tracy is having a baby in like, oh, like right now. So anyways, she was making this blanket and I said to myself " I want to learn to crochet!" My Auntie Ann, being awesome, bought me a crochet book that came with hooks, and some yarn so that I could learn how to do it myself. However, I am the type of person that needs to be able to see it visually too so that I know I am doing it correctly.

When I got to a stitch that I needed some clarification on, I thought to myself "hmm..I wonder if there is somewhere I could see this stitch so that I can see how to do it properly..." ENTER YOUTUBE. First, let me just say that I love youtube. There are so many things on there that are not only awesome, they teach you something too. I found a whole youtube channel devoted to crochet! AMAZING HUH?!

So my friends, if YOU would like to be just as awesome as ME, then point your little clickers on this link here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963

That is the youtube channel. You can learn all the beginning stitches there, and also learn how to do squares for blankets and hats and such. You can also go to the gals blog here:

http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/

And there is a lot more stuff that you can sort through. It really is very awesome. And now, I know how to crochet! WEWT!

1 comment:

Carly said...

I love to crochet! and also need step by step lessons I found this hysterical guy on youtube like a month ago that does a step by step guide on making crochet baby booties that look like converse high tops shoes they are so cute and the guy is so funny you would love him. he also makes somthing else that he crochets that I wil not comment on but if you see the instructions for it you'll know what I mean I laughed my head off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEtj2EIijTs
his name is mikeysmail on youtube so funny..