Sunday, January 11, 2009

What I learnt today

About a week ago my sink disposal just stopped working. I flipped the switch one day and it just didn't turn on. I hadn't done anything traumatic to it, just the normal small food items. It just stopped working. This was very stressful to me because with three kids, I really felt that I NEEDED a disposal. Also, to get it fixed would have required me writing up a request, taking it to the apartment office, and waiting for them to fill my request. And probably also involved the toothless fixer dude. So, needless to say, I was not looking forward to it, so I had been putting off my request.

Well, today my Dad came over, and I just happened to mention that the disposal was broken. He looks at me and says "Have you tried pressing the restart button?" and I said "...there is a restart button?!" My Dad then proceeds to reach underneath the sink, press this magic button and my disposal works again.

This was epic enough knowledge that I thought I would pass it along to anyone who does not know about the magic restart button. Or, maybe it is just me that doesn't know. Either way...I am very happy to have learnt it.

2 comments:

PJ Productions said...

Gotta love the restart button. I had that happen to me when I was a nanny and I was scared to tell the people. So I asked the head contractor(since they were always remodeling) and he showed me that same trick. Few.

Star said...

Exact same thing happened to me. I called my dad to try to get him to come fix my disposal because I couldn't afford a new one or to pay anyone and he told me about that magical little button