Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Best Cookies Ever. For Serious.


Today I stayed home from work because Katalina woke up with a slight fever. I think this may be because she is teething. Although I really can't afford to stay home from work for a day, especially on one of my ten hour days, it turned out to be good because Severian started to get a fever at the end of the night. Also, Ryley came over and helped me go do the grocery shopping! So now I have food in my house. YAY FOR ME!

Because Sev was feeling under the weather, I told him that I would make him some cookies. Little did I know that they would turn out to be the best cookies EVAR! Somehow I managed to make the batch just right, and, for once, I baked them to a perfect golden brown. While they may not look amazing in the picture, I assure you that they were luciously soft and chewy. Amazing. It was wierd too, because I decided to use one of the butter sticks that had a tablespoon already taken off of it. So, I suppose the secret is one tablespoon LESS butter, and some extra vanilla...cause that is what I did. OR, I am just amazing at making cookies. I think that is probably the correct reason ;)

Ender decided that he wanted to test each cookie. So he got up on one of the kitchen chairs and took one bite out of every cookie on the plate


I finally got him to stop doing this. Then, he decided that since I wouldn't let him eat a bite from every cookie, he would just go hide under my coffee table and eat them by himself. So he would eat one, run over to the kitchen, grab another one, and then run back to the little fort he had made for himself. Severian helped him by feeding him cookies under the table!




Ender even gave Katalina a small chunk of cookie, which she seemed to enjoy quite a bit.


At the end of the night, since I already had my camera out, they all three consented to letting me take a picture of them. They even smiled for it! I think that I really must have the three cutest kids ever. I am so lucky to be thier mommy!

yay for cookies! And, I have decided, that blogging is my new favorite hobby....for now! :D

3 comments:

Claudine said...

Nothing cuter than nearly necked children covered in cookies! Now, my dear, you must share this fantastic recipe so that my kids can strip down, build a fort under the table, and devour them too!!!

PJ Productions said...

Those cookies look so good that I want to give up on my diet! I couldn't be happier to see that you are blogging so much. Your kids are as cute as can be. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

What could be awesomer than cookies? Probably nothing... especially if they're the BEST COOKIES EVER! Gosh, I am excited for you...

Also, what cute kids you have. I should read your blog more because a) it's awesome b) you're awesome and c) these pictures of your kids are PRICELESS.