Monday, September 22, 2008

Uncles and Daycare!

We have had a very good couple days! Yesterday Severian, Ender, Katalina and I hung out with my ex-Brother-in-Law Colby, and his Girlfriend Brooke. Brooke has a six year old son, and we thought it would be fun to have a play date. We went up to Flat Iron Park and played some football and tag. Severian had a lot of fun and was so excited to meet a new friend! I wish that I had taken pictures! Of course I remembered about two minutes after I got to the park that the camera was sitting on my kitchen table! Ah well, I am sure they will play again, and have a grand old time.

On another note, Severian, Ender and Katalina started daycare today! They have been being watched by my friend Ryley, but since I got a new job, they needed to go into a full time daycare situation. I was lucky enough to find a girl who does daycare out of her house. Her name is Brittany. She has three kids of her own, so it is a really good situation. I am amazed that she manages to wrangle all the kids. She has her kids, my kids, and one other little girl. I can barely wrangle my three! I haven't actually started my new job yet, that will be next week, but I thought it would be a good thing to start getting the kids on the daycare schedule. It is really nice as well, because that means that I basically got today, and tomorrow to myself, so I have been totally cleaning my house so that it stays clean during all my working!

When I woke the kids up today, at 6:30 in the morning mind you, all I said was "ok boys, time to wake up". Severian sat bolt upright and said, very loudly, "YAY! I get to go to daycare today!" and raised his hands over his head in a little cheer. I. kid. you. not. He was sooooo excited to meet new friends. He got up, and got dressed, and was ready to go in about 15 minutes. Ender, on the other hand, was not to thrilled about being woken up. He is much more like me, and would rather sleep. Katalina is just chill, as always. When we got to Brittany's house, Severian went straight to her basement where the toys are. Ender was pretty clingy until the appeal of the toys overwhelmed him and he went to go play. And, as ever, Katalina just went straight to Brittany and was making a new friend. They didn't even cry when I left. I was happy that I was able to see them settled first though, as I didn't have anywhere to be.

About an hour after I had dropped them off, I got a text from Brittany. I was a little nervous, because I thought maybe one of them was having a panic attack. However, she was just texting to let me know that they were doing great, and that they were such good kids! I was so proud of them, and I am so happy I found Brittany. I think she is perfect for our little family because she has gone through almost the exact same thing that I have in my marriage. Her kids are about the same ages as mine, so we all have a good understanding of each other. I was excited for them, but a little sad. It was the first Monday in a long time that I haven't been able to just hang out with the kids before work.

I am nervous to start my job next week. 52 hours a week will be quite a feat, but I think it will be worth it. I am hoping that I will be able to move us to a three bedroom by my birthday! AND, if all goes as planned, maybe we can get a dog....

On another note. I am in love. In love with a man named Josh Weller, http://www.myspace.com/joshweller I love him. One day, I shall meet him. And when I do, he and I will fall in love.

1 comment:

PJ Productions said...

I am so glad to hear that you found a great daycare situation. Your kids sound so dang cute. You will have to email me and tell me about your new job. I hope it all works out really well.