Sunday, September 7, 2008

The State Fair




So, on Saturday, I took all the kids to the fair. Mind you, going out anywhere requires quite a bit of planning, but the fair was a very strategic endeavor. I went with my Mom and Dad, so, we had to take two cars, since I have three car seats and there were six of us total. It was so cute though because Severian INSISTED he ride with his papa. My Mom and I drove behind my Dad the whole time and I could see a little Severian hand sticking out the window.

Once we got to the fair Severian immediately wanted to see the animals. We saw some big reptiles and sheep, cows and pigs. Severian exclaimed "ew those are STANKY". Yes, stanky, not stinky. Apparently there is a difference. We also saw some parachuter stunter dudes. Ender was sitting in his stroller and pointed at them while trying to get out of his seat. He wanted to go fly with them and was VERY upset that he could not.

The kids also had the chance to ride the ponies. Severian was thrilled that he got to ride them twice. The first time he was so happy that the dude put him on the pony he wanted. Ender was excited to ride the ponies, but also a little nervous. He held on for dear life, and when I asked him if he was having fun, he shook his head yes. I asked him if he wanted to pet the pony, and he shook his head very vigorously "no!".

We also rode the big slide a few times. I personally love the slide, but my Mom took Sev on it once, and I think it almost frightened her to death. Through everything Katalina just chilled and took it all in. That is just how she rolls.

All in all it was a very fun time, the kids had a lot of fun, and I had a lot of fun! We went to Village Inn afterwords and Severian ordered pancakes. About two minutes after he ordered he yelled very loudly "WHERE ARE MY PANCAKES". Once he got them he put ketchup all over them and ate them. Then proclaimed that that is the best way to eat pancakes. It was awesome.

3 comments:

Luv your guts said...

we need to get together sometime.. I miss you! when did you go blonde?
check us out at Jaffafamily.blogspot.com

PJ Productions said...

Horray, I love your blog. It is so cute! Your kids are all gorgeous. I can't wait for more posts to see what you guys are up to. My blog is
http://pjproductions.blogspot.com/
Jaime

Andrea said...

YAY! You have a blog!!

The pictures at the zoo are so cute, I can't believe how big Kat is getting! Hope things are going great!

Talk to you soon.