Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cookie Night!

Well friends, it is Wednesday, therefore, it was cookie night! Cookie night is one of my favorite nights. I have not been able to have it too much lately. I used to do it once a week, but then the weather got too hot. Since my apartment was regularly hovering in temperatures near 90 degrees, I canceled cookies for the summer. However, I have started them up again, and all is well.

Last cookie night I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Well. They did not turn out the way that I wanted them to, so, I tried again. I think they turned out slightly better this time. I made them a little bigger, and they were excellent. Early in the evening my friend Erin and her little girl, Marilyn, came over for dinner. The kids all sat at the table and ate grilled cheese and soup. Life could not have gotten much better in that moment



Shortly after dinner my friend Kaari came over with her two kids. Severian, at this point, was in Severian Heaven. He had THREE friends to play with! This brought the grand total of children in my house to six. Severian, Ender and Kat. Marilyn. Ethan and Joshua. They all six of them went in Sev's room and played while we three girls sat around and talked. We, all three of us, me, Erin, and Kaari, are beautiful single mothers of beautiful children. We have a lot in common, and even though it was Erin and Kaari's first time meeting each other, it was nice to sit down for a little bit for a chat.

After about ten minutes Ryley and Phil showed up. They brought me hot chocolate. Cheers to Ryley and Phil! YAY! At this point I think I had made one batch of cookies, so I put the dozen cookies on a plate and sat them on the coffee table for the kids to raid. Well raid they did. Within three minutes every cookie on the plate was gone. Katalina even got a cookie!



She ate the entire thing too! It was so funny. She played with the big kids all night, and she kept up with them! That little girl is so freaking tough. It is awesome. I tried to get a picture of all the kids that were at my house. It was a bit hard because kids on cookies do not want to sit still. Anyway, here is the best one I got:



The kids had a lot of fun, and later we were joined by Erica, Ben, and Zank. The kids started being chased around by all the boys that came over. So, being on a sugar high, they went into Severian's room (all but Kat anyways) and BARRICADED the door. I mean every single toy and piece of furniture kids under 5 could move was up against the door. They only left just enough of a gap so that they could slide through when they wanted to get out. I was a bit miffed, but, I could not really get angry at them, cause it was really cute. Luckily, I am teeny, so I was able to get inHere are some more pics of the night:

Ben, Erica, and Zank



Ryley and Phil



My friend Ben is very tall. He is 6'5, so the kids had a lot of fun making him help them walk on the ceiling





I also have some videos! The first one is what happens when you put six kids in a small apartment, give them a dozen cookies, and fake swords



This one is just cookie night, I was trying to get a shot of the huge barricade that was built in Sev's room, but alas, I didn't get a good shot of it. So, Ben and I started talking about High School Musical. Apparently you can see us pretty well in it! Yep. I am famous.



The best part of this night was when Severian came into my room. Ender and Katalina had just fallen asleep, and he wanted to come say goodnight to me. This is our conversation:

Sev: "Thank you thank you Mom for the cookies"
Me: "Your welcome Severian!"
Sev: "Mom, do you know who I love"
Me: "Who?"
Sev: "I love YOU Mom!"

So. Freaking. Cute.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sev is such a sweetie! I love the cute pics! Those cookies sound good. I've made pumpkin cookies twice recently and both times Drew has said they would have been better with chocolate chips. Too bad we're not there anymore so Drew could finally get his pumpkin CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies! :) I guess the 3rd time'll have to be the charm for us :) It's great to see you guys are doing well. We miss you so much!