Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Ender!



Yesterday was Ender's 2nd Birthday! YAY! I am very glad that it happened to fall on a Saturday, and also that it happened to fall on my Saturday with the children. This meant that I got to spend the entire day with the birthday boy. After I picked the babies up from Ian's house, my Mom and I took them to McDonalds for breakfast. Apparently, they now have breakfast kids meals where you get these little hotcake things (I believe they are called McGriddles or something of the sort). Ender loved them, but not quite as much as Katalina. I was HIGHLY surprised at the amount that little girl ate. She had two of them!





Ender had a lot of fun at mcd's, but, I believe he had a party at his Dad's house the night before...so...he wasn't in the mood to take pictures at ten in the morning...he was probably pictured right out.



After we ate, my Mom and I took all the kids to Toys R Us so that Ender could pick out his birthday present. This is a fun little tradition in the making. I must say that seeing Ender and Severian in Toys R Us was pretty funny. Severian knew that he was going to get a present too, because, that is what you do when you have a 4 and a 2 year old. Unless you want to just spend the day breaking up the fights. Cause you know. That is fun too. ANYWHO Severian walked into that store and I seriously thought his eyes would pop out. He was suddenly a manic child. He could not focus completely on anything and was running from place to place. The first toy he say he said "I want that toy!" then he saw another one and said "I want that one!" Finally, both the boys found a toy. Ender got this cute little Backyardigans circus thing...so I now have "YOUR BACKYARD FRIENDS THE BACKYARDIGANS" burned into my mind forever more. Severian got this really neat crayola painting thing. He paints this clear gel stuff on the "magic paper" and each gel turns a different color. They have it for markers too. It is very nice, and also non messy. What a wonderful invention.

After Toys R Us the kids came home and crashed for about an hour and half. I was pretty excited about this, because I got to clean and wrap all the presents I had gotten them. For about two seconds I was way excited because I thought that I would ALSO get a quick nap. I am pretty sure, however, that Severian has the best hearing ever because the second I lay down I hear the kids bedroom door open and the pitter patter of little feet. Ah well. Who needs naps?

We then got ready and went to Chuck E Cheese for a little party. My parents and brothers came, and also my friend Erin and her daughter Marilyn. Currently Marilyn and Severian are intended for each other. But..Marilyn runs circles around the little boy, and Ender keeps up with her better than Severian does. So...Erin and I may have to do some re-arranging with who is going to marry who. The kids had a very fun time at Chuck E Cheeses, and I got this little "family deal" where we got some pizza drinks AND tokens. It was great that my brothers were there because they like to play the games just as much as the kids do, so they took all the kids around to play.






After the kids were totally gamed out, we had cake. It was really cute because prior to lighting the candles Ender picked up one of the cars off the cake, looked at it for a minute, checked to make sure no one was watching him, then put the car back on the cake where it had been originally. All three kids were way excited about cake.




Then presents:






It was a really fun time



HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENDER!!!!

No comments: