Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sev-isms and Ender-isms

Sometimes Severian will say things that make me laugh pretty hard. He is a funny kid. Yesterday he found a picture of the dog we used to have, Daisy. Daisy died the Summer of 2007. He looked at her picture for a while, then came over to me to show me. This is our conversation

Sev: "Mom, I really miss Daisy"
Me: "I know sweet heart"
Sev: "But I miss her"
Me: "I know but we will get a new dog one day"
Sev: "But I loved Daisy, she was so cute and curious! I am sad she died"

At this point I was sort of giggling because it was so funny that he said that she was so cute and curious. I just wrapped him up in a hug and then he went to go play.

I also asked him to help clean his room tonight. He looked at me and replied "Um. Hmm. No thank you, I don't really feel like it right now, I want to watch cartoons". I didn't quite know how to respond because he was so polite about it!

Ender has also started to become very verbal. He will talk to me for a good two minutes. I am not sure what he is saying...but he seems to know what he is talking about so that is what matters. Recently he has started to say "please" but it comes out "kwease", just like Severian says.

Even Katalina is talking! That little girl ate TWO chicken nuggets today at McDonald's and ten fries. At one point I asked her if she wanted some more. She looked at me and, clear as day, said "Yeah, yeah!" and nodded her head. I about died.

I am seriously the luckiest person in the world.

No comments: