Saturday, October 25, 2008

Big Kid Pumpkin Carving 2008

To start out, originally I was going to call this post "Adult Pumpkin Carving 2008". But, then I thought about it, and I thought that it sounded like a XXX rated video. So, I just decided to blog about it. Because, it was pretty funny.

Pumpkin Carving YAY! Generally, this is done with small children running around throwing pumpkin guts at each other. Last night, however, I went over to my friends Jacob Ben and Paul's house, as they were having a pumpkin carving party. Everyone loves to carve a pumpkin right? This was actually really fun. Jacob has a really fabulous kitchen, so we were able to cover the counter with newspaper and take out all our aggression on the poor defenseless gourds. Here are some action carving shots:







LeAnn and I decided that we were going to carve a pumpkin together. Mostly because we only brought one pumpkin. This is the finished product:





Have you guessed what our pumpkin is yet? I mean, after all, it was a work of art! Here is a close up:



Do you see it? Can you tell what it is? It is Cinderella's Pumpkin Carriage! DUH!!!!! There are the whimsical wheels and everything! It was actually really hard to cut. There were lots of little bits that required a lot of skillz, which neither of us had. So, I just kind of started cutting and making up my own pattern, and this is what we got. I think if a candle is put in it, then it will be alright. I left it at Jacob's because I don't have a porch, and therefore, cant display pumpkins. This really sux, but at least I know that my pumpkin found a good home.

I was a little sad cause I wanted my babies with me. But, we are going to carve pumpkins next week. And by carve, I mean paint. Last year when we carved pumpkins Severian wouldn't go NEAR the guts. If he wants to carve then we will, but, I thought this year we would have more fun painting.

That is it for now! I will post Kiddie Pumpkin Carving 2008 as soon as it happens!

2 comments:

dan radke said...

Dude, I've been hearing a lot about this whole pumkin carving thing. I may have to give it a shot this next week. No promises.

And don't you worry, there will be a blog about the party and many pictures of me looking like a fat dork. It will be beautiful, I swears.

Joe Killian said...

That's one hot carriage you got there