Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I want to play in the snow!

So, like I said before, we had a lot of fun this past weekend! On Sunday we went with my entire family up to Snowbird to ride the tram. They had a special where if you brought a can of food, you could get a free tram ride! This was really great because one of my favorite things is to see the leaves change during Fall. The drive up to Snowbird was beautiful and the mountainside was aglow with red, orange and yellow leaves!

Severian was very excited to be riding the tram, even though everyone was really packed in. We were lucky enough to be able to be right by the window. Mostly because when I got on I stood right by the door so that Severian would have a window to look out of. The tram is really fun, but it also makes me really nervous. I am unsure why, but I always just have this horrible image of the tram hanging there and everyone screaming. It does not help my anxiety that every time the tram goes over the little pulley system it dips and sways. Everyone would go "whoa!" and then laugh! The view was beautiful though, so that made it worth it! Here is the video of the tram ride:



Severian was very excited about the prospect of playing in the snow at the top of the mountain. The idea sounds good, but when we got up there we found that there was snow...but there was mostly mud. However, there was a small patch of snow that the kids and I played in. Mostly, they threw snowballs at me. Ender also found a huge puddle of mud, and he was very upset when I didn't let him play with it. I stepped away to go to the bathroom at one point, and when I came back, Ender was coated in mud from his waist down. My mom looked at me and was like "What?! He had fun! Little boys are supposed to play in mud!" Yeah. Thanks. (hehe just kidding Mom it was cute!).

I had bundled the kids up all nice and warm for our trip up to the top of the mountain. I was a little overenthusiastic with Katalina's attire. She had on a long sleeve shirt, a hooded jacket with the hood up over her head, socks, a blanket, and, finally, a big fluffy winter hat to keep her little head warm. Have you ever seen pictures of cats after they have gotten wet? Or when they are really irritated? Well, that is what Katalina looked like after She was all bundled up and put in the stroller. She was none too happy with me. Here is a picture:



Eventually she managed to pull the winter hat off her head. After she accomplished this most extraordinary feat, she had a huge smile on her face. Through the rest of the day she also managed to kick off her blanket, and take her socks off. Once she was totally free she was kicking and cooing and giggling her little head off. Apparently she doesn't mind the cold....this is the mud puddle, and Kat pulling off her socks:



Here is all of us on top of the mountain:



On the tram ride down, my Mom held Severian while he stuck his head out of this open window on the tram. He was facing the front, so he was like a little puppy getting windblown. It was so freaking cute.

After the tram ride Mike, Severian and I rode the Alpine Slide. For those of you who don't know, Mike is my brother. Mike also is absolutely fearless. Now, you may not think that the Alpine slide is that scary, but my brother took this slide at such breakneck speed that, even though we started the slide together, by the time I got to the end he was already off his sled and almost to the top of the hill to meet my parents. In the video it doesn't look like he is going very fast, but I assure you, he did. You can even hear my Dad laugh because we were so far behind Mike.


All in all it was a very fun day! We had a great weekend and came home and crashed. Tomorrow I will detail the amazing haircut that I gave Ender. Yes. That I gave to my child. Thrilling I know..but I promise there is a story behind it! WEWT!

1 comment:

gwamma said...

Man, I am surprised that the video lasted long enough to catch both you AND Mike. AND Little Boys and Mud go hand in hand.