Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!

Occasionally I will have really good days where I am feeling highly ambitious. Yesterday was one of those days. I went and picked the kids up from daycare, and then came home and made dinner. After dinner I decided it would be a good idea to make chocolate chip banana bread! Mostly because I had three bananas that were V-E-R-Y ripe, so it was either make some banana bread, or throw them out. I decided to make banana bread.

Now, the recipe I have for banana bread is very easy. I am too lazy to get the recipe right now, cause it is 11:30 at night, but I assure you, it is easy. "What" you say? "why post a blog without the recipe?" Well. Because I feel like blogging, and I DONT feel like getting the recipe right this second! I will post it later in the comments if you all want it. You basically mash bananas put in some flour, sugar, eggs, butter and stuff, and voila! Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!

Severian and Ender were really excited because they love to help dump the chocolate chips and the flour and sugar in. Severian said to me "I have an idea Mom. I will go color, and you call me when it is my turn to do my job!" He was so excited about this idea. He thought it was the greatest idea ever. Once I called him though, Ender ran over and jumped on the chair, so Severian graciously let Ender dump the flour and the sugar into the bowl. Then, they both dumped the chocolate chips in:






I dumped half the chocolate chips into the measuring cup so that they didn't fight over who would dump them into the mix. Then, an hour later.. VOILA banana bread!



It turned out really good! The best is when it is right out of the oven and you can eat it hot. The kids had gone to lay down by the time the bread was done, but I took them each a slice, and it was so cute so see them sit and watch Blues Clues while they ate the bread. I am literally the luckiest person in the world.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Thats looks really good I have NEVER made banana bread I think I will give it a try and ofcourse everything is better when you add choclate chips.