Sunday, October 5, 2008

Candy and Sleeping Babies

So, I got myself a peanut butter cup and sat down to blog. Two of my three children are asleep, and I thought to myself "Hey, this is as good a time as ever to blog, Ender can jump on my bed, and I may get to eat a piece of candy" So, I sit down and bring up the internet, and reach for my peanut butter cup. It was gone! I kind of looked around my chair thinking that maybe I just dropped it. Nope, gone, totally gone. Then...I noticed that Ender was ALSO gone. I went out to find my missing child, and lo and behold, he was behind my table eating my chocolate. This is a picture of the massacre:



It was probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen. And I see a lot of cute things every day.

In other news it has been a very busy week or so for us! As I mentioned in previous blogs, the kids started daycare. Well...I started my new job last Monday. Mind you, it has only been five days, BUT, I am enjoying it thus far. There is a whole lot to learn though, and their main system is DOS...wtf...DOS. AND if you try to key in a non-keyable field in this system, you get an angry man. It is a little stick figure man that I kid you not waves his arms and flashes at you. In this day of convenience I feel as though I should be able to key in ANY field and NOT get a computer dude yelling at me. Alas, this is not generally the case. I get angry man so much that I have named him Fred. I am pretty sure that he is in love with me, and we will be planning our engagement any day now. I feel it. Other than angry stick figure Fred, the system is a little confusing, but I think that I am getting it. I dont have to take calls for another week...so...that is good.

Another thing about my job is that I am a total dork. In situations where I am nervous, as most of you know, I tend to get more boisterous than I already am. I know your thinking "What?! MORE boisterous? noway!" yaway, I seriously become wierd. So, I am all sorts of self concious because I am nervous. So, everyone thinks I am completely crazy. Especially when I respond to questions with "Actually, I am lieing for attention". They look at me like wtf? for reals? Then I nervously giggle and say "so, ebola huh? heard its a GREAT diet!" ....I am so way lame....

So...last night I put my babies to bed, and for about thirty minutes or so I heard playing coming from the bedroom. This is not unusual for my babies, and they start to settle down pretty quickly in the evenings because we get up so early now. Well, at about nine thirty everything settled down to the point where I figured I could go in and check on them without waking them up. This is what I found...



The kids had totally gotten out all their toys, played with them, and then completely crashed on the floor. I managed to move Severian up to his bed, but Ender was adamant about sleeping on the floor! He cried every time I tried to move him up to the bed, and then climbed back down to the floor...finally I just made him a little bed on the floor and let him sleep there. When I woke him up the next morning he had climbed on the bed, but it sure was funny!

It has been a crazy crazy and busy busy week. Severian is no closer to being completely potty trained and that is really frustrating me. I know that he WANTS to be, but he is afraid of the toilet. Frankly I am too. I mean, come on, gross! I am hoping that the peer pressure will win over and he will be suddenly trained!

That is about it for our week! more to come soon I am sure!!! <3

5 comments:

Claudine said...

Seriously cute pics of the kids, and I still can't get over Ender's curly hair! Isaac went through a phase of wanting to sleep on the floor and we'd have to make him a little bed on the floor. Cute kids. Good luck with potty training. Peer pressure is good, hope it does the trick!!! :)

Carly said...

I despise potty training!! Enders hair is So cute! I love curly hair.

Luv your guts said...

sounds like me the other day. . . luckliy my boys only have books in their rooms, all their toys are downstairs in the toy room. I found every book bin emptied and both Ben and Ethan were sleeping on a pile of books. Although I didn't find them and the mess until morning.
Kids will be kids!

PJ Productions said...

I am mourning the loss of your candy. I know how important chocolate can be to a mommy. I must say that potty training is rough. I just really want someone to try to rob me when I have a pair a poopie panties in my purse. Watch out!

Lindsay Adams said...

let me express how much I love all of you guys. for reals. love you.