Saturday, October 18, 2008

OUUUT Tonight!

So last night my good friend Ryley managed to convince me that I wanted to go out with her. Friday night is Karaoke night at Sandy Station (also called Club Allure but I think that name is stupid)so, although I had just worked a ten hour day, and had to be to work by seven in the AM the next morning, I went out with Ry. I just CANT turn down singing Out Tonight at Karaoke!

Generally, I don't really like Sandy Station. Ryley has been going there for a long time, and she knows everyone. However, it is a little loud for me, and it is a dance club. I like to dance, but my dancing tends to be more of the "modern" dancing (or infamous Pantomime dance) and not of the clubbing variety. So, I tend to feel really out of place when I go. However, I have gone with Ryley a few times recently, so I am getting much more comfortable being there.

Last night I was relaxed enough to start noticing some things about the place. For one thing, there was the mandatory Cougar. By Cougar I mean older lady (this one was about 50 or 60) who goes to a bar and hits on the younger guys. This particular one was wearing a full body black spandex body suit with a leopard print jacket over top, and high heel shoes. No. I am so NOT making this up. Full. Body. Spandex. Body. Suit. I kid you not. She was also totally getting jiggy with it on the dance floor with some dude. I must admire her for it. Although we young people think that it is weird, I was thinking about it, and I thought that you really must have to have a good self esteem to go out in that outfit. So props to her.

On the other side of the coin we had the token MILF in the club yesterday. She was pretty, she had huge boobs, and was there with, what I suspect was her daughter and daughters friends. Mom. I love you, but if you came to the club with me and got on the stage and started dancing. I WOULD have to kill you. Just saying. I suppose this works for some Mother Daughter teams though however, and I am sure they had fun.

Another person that I just thought was really neat was the blind guy. He has been there most of the times I have gone, and I have a lot of respect for him. He carries his walking stick and maneuvers out to the middle of the dance floor. He will then start jamming out. The dude seriously gets more girls than most the guys in there. He is cute, and every girl loves the blind guy!

I also noticed there was the token nerd, who cant dance, and ends up looking like a fool...oh wait...that was me...CRAP...scratch that....no really though. I can't loosen up on the dance floor, and when I finally do, I have this odd and uncontrollable urge to start modern dancing to the rap song playing. It is not a good thing. That, or my pantomime dance. Cause it is awesome. AND, I do hold the 1999 state championship title in Pantomime. I kid you not. Cause, I am THAT cool. I give you all permission to worship...

Anyway, that is what I noticed on my trip to the club! People are funny, and at first glance, you may be like, ew, they are wierd! But, on the whole, they are just another person trying to get through life. You have to give them props for daring to be who they want to be, and not asking for acceptance. I aspire to be that way.

anywho, here are some pics of the night! WEWT!

This is Ry and I...duh...



This is Megan rocking the heck out of Karaoke. I went next. I HAD video of it, but, I cant figure out how to get it from my phone to the computer. Soooo that pretty much sux. Maybe you will all get a video of my singing later. Cause I know you are on the edge of your seats. Right? RIGHT?!



And, last, but not least, me Ry, and Megan



It was fun, and I was tired, but I made it to work on time! That is what matters right?

2 comments:

hollyplant said...

It looks like a great night out!
I'm based in the UK and i've started university and I really miss my old friends as i've moved into halls and miles away from my home. I'm missing my mom and dad and family too!

I had a great fresher's week and have joined some clubs so i can get to know people better, the best one is the Karaoke club. We arranged a whole evening in the student union and I got a custom karaoke CD with all my favourite songs on, i do a great "how do I live" by leann rimmes and when I get more drunk move onto whitney houston, I'm never sure how those sound though because by then I'm pretty drunk and then the embarrassing dancing starts along with the slirring of words!

I've often thought about doing the X factor! So what did you sing at your Karaoke night?

Lindsay Adams said...

I actually sang Out Tonight from Rent..cause I only know broadway songs :P :D