Monday, October 27, 2008

I have been thinking a lot lately about my life. The past year my life has been really incredibly rough. However, I have owned up to the challenge I feel, and I am a better person because of the things that I have been through. Although, in theory, life should have jaded me against love and relationships, I am not one to be daunted so easy. What happened to me was not my fault. In fact, I am better for it. Also, I have really come to the conclusion in the last couple of days that I would like to get married again...eventually. I have been thinking, and thinking about it. And, I like this idea. I mean, come on, what girl DOESN'T want to have 2 weddings in their life. What? You want to throw a party where I get to wear a beautiful dress and be the center of attention for a night? ok! DONE!

No, but really, I do want to be married again. I am a big believer that children should have a two parent household. The one thing that I NEVER wanted for them was a broken home. Eventually, I want them to be able to see what a normal relationship is. I also have an overwhelming desire to love, and to be loved, so companionship is something that I want for myself.

On that note, I also realized that, second time around, I can basically HAND PICK the person I would like to be with. While I was daydreaming today I came up with a few things that I would like in a man. So, although this blog got rather sappy to begin with, I am really blogging because I need everyone's help in finding my perfect man. A gal with two jobs and three kids cant do it alone. So, obviously the main quality in a guy would be that he loves kids and treats me and my children well. However, I have come up with a few other things I would like dream dude to have:

#1. Must have accent.

This point is very crucial. Preferably, I would like English to be his second language. (really preferably second to Italian, but I understand I can't have EVERYTHING). There is nothing like "I love you" said with an accent. Nothing.



Seriously girls...I know you are all now in love...how could you NOT be. For realz.

#2. Must love musicals and old movies.

Let's face it. I am a little odd. I like nothing better than to sit at home and watch my movie musicals. I love love LOVE Gene Kelly, and anything with Audrey Hepburn in it. I like other movies, but movies that are artsy fartsy like Amelie. I do not like blood and guts and I do not like horror movies. They stress me out. I also like to to the theater to see my Broadway musicals. So, the man of my dreams must be willing to go to musicals, AND love them.

#3. Must be able to dance..or willing to try to learn

You may remember my memorable posts of "The Rumble" and "Stay Cool Boys". While these posts got sidetracked from the point, the point WAS hot boys dancing. Here is another memorable boy dancing movie:



And another:



You just can't tell me that is not hot! Gene Kelly was amazing, AND hot. Christian Bale is ONLY hot because he can sing and dance. NOT because he is Batman. Sorry.

#4. Must be Quirky.

I am a little odd. I am a big fan of odd. I am a big fan of nerds. I am a big fan of cute nerdy boys who are cute and sweet.

#5. Must be willing to write me notes/give flowers/do cute things

I like to write happy notes and leave them places so that people can find them later. To date, this has never really been done for me. I want a boy who does this for me too. I don't think this is too much to ask! Just a little give and take!

#6. Must Not be Gay

Ok. so most of the things I have listed are attributes of gay men. I KNOW that there is at least one straight man out there that likes these things. I WILL FIND HIM!!! ;)

Anyway, those are some of the things I have been pondering today. Now, your job is to find me a boy like this! Now...GO!

hehe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lindsay, I'm already taken.

Oh shoot, I forgot about the accent!

But seriously, you can count on me! Way to go for plowing head through something no one wishes on even their worst enemies. Even more admirable is your optimistic attitude and your willingness to pick up and keep going. You are inspiring.

PJ Productions said...

I don't think that list was unreasonable! Well other than the accent... but seriously I think you will find him. I will keep my eyes and ears open. You deserve to be doted on and adored, and so do your kids. Happy hunting!

Lindsay Adams said...

Aww I luf you guys!

The accent is actually the one thing that I can not live without. I don't even care if he is faking it. I have to have one.

The dancing...well...I suppose if he could sing then I wouldn't MAKE him dance...

I dont know...I will have to think about this more

Andrea said...

I'll be looking for Mr. Perfect, for you, right now. :) Hopefully he will turn up soon.

~Hugs~

Sarah said...

Hopefully when I find this man for you, I will be able to restrain from keeping him all for myself. Especailly because accents = hot. Or villian, depending on the movie.