Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cornbellys...

Today my friend Tiff and I had the bright idea to take all our children to Cornbellys' the Corn Maze. Cause, you know, who DOESNT want to go to a corn maze shaped like David Archuletta.

I kid you not. David. Archuletta.

So, we packed her four kids into her car, and my three kids into my car and set off on our adventure. The plan was that I would follow her, and we would have a grand old time. Unfortunately we hit traffic on the freeway...and I lost her car. This was not that huge of a deal because I just figured that we would find each other pretty easily once I got there. This should have been my first clue.

I get to Thanksgiving Point, and I get the kids out of the car. Mind you, going anywhere with all three children is a feat, because there is only one of me, and three of them. AND we were going in the evening, so it was darker out. I put Ender in his stroller, and strap Katalina to my chest in her snugli, and take Severian by the hand. I then go to lock my door.

No Keys.

They were not in my purse, they were not on the ground. I knew they were SOMEWHERE cause I had just driven there! The car wasn't even LOCKED yet and I managed to lose my keys. I know right. Only I would lose my keys before my car was locked. After an extensive search, I finally found them in Katalina's car seat. I don't even know, so don't ask. This should have been my second clue.

After the small trauma of the lost keys, we were ready to go. And ready to have fun! I get up to the ticket counter, and I reach in my bag to pull out my wallet. I look down and my hand is COVERED in blood. Not like, oh just a little bit. No no, COVERED in blood. It was literally dripping off my hand. I know this may be gross, but I am just trying to give you an acurate description of my night. I didn't feel anything, so I thought maybe Kat's nose was bleeding or something. I checked her out, and she was fine, so then I looked at my hand closer. Yeah, it is me. I had about 10 seperate cuts on my fingers. Most were paper cuts, but two were like, huge scrapes. I am pretty sure this happened when I was digging through my purse looking for my keys. So, the lady at the counter tries to help me by giving me one small bandaid, and a clorox disinfecting wipe. ..... ..... It was sweet, because they were just in a little booth so they would have been short on supplies. But still..I just was kind of like...fabulous. This should have been my third clue.

So I walk in all jazzed to try and find Tiff so that I could hand Kat to her, and clean up my hand. But, alas, Tiff and her four beautiful children were no where to be found! This was my fourth and final clue that it would be a slightly stressful event for me. I do not have a problem taking my kids out, but it was nighttime, and dark, so I was stressed about making sure I could always see them. Despite my slight anxiety, the kids had a good time. There were lots of things to do there, and lots of slides and play grounds. There was a bounce house that Severian and Ender jumped around in for about 20 minutes! I have pictures, as per usual...so..here you go...




Severian and Ender going down the big slide. It is blurry, but you get the idea.




I tried to take a family photo of all four of us, but the babies weren't cooperating. And Ender flat out refused, so I got single shots of me and Kat and me and Sev.

That was our night. The kids had a lot of fun and came home happy and tired. Ultimately, that is what matters.

And, Tiff and I decided that next time, we are going to just bake sugar cookies.

2 comments:

dan radke said...

Oh my god. David Archuletta.

How many sorts of awesome is that? All sorts. All sorts of awesome.

Joe Killian said...

a) Good Lord!
b) Your eldest looks drunk.
c) Good God!
d) my captcha is partiess I kid you not.