Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok, it is FAR to late for me to be blogging, especially considering that I have to work in the morning. However. I can not fall asleep, and so I am blogging. So much for being responsible...

COOKIE NIGHT was tonight. No one showed up really. Which ONLY means MORE for those who did, YAY! It was actually really fun. Ryley and Phil came over. And Phils Sister. Who, for the purposes of this blog, will be named Phils Sister. Severian and Ender both helped me to make the cookies, however, Severian dumped all the chocolate chips into the mix before Ender could help. Ender is not my most...patient...child, so this made him very mad. I have included a visual below:



It was QUITE traumatic. However, I rescued the situation by letting Ender "help" me spoon the cookies onto the baking sheet. He actually was really cute and held the second spoon while I scraped the batter onto the cookie sheet.





After about three cookies, which took 10 minutes to spoon onto the cookie sheet, I asked Ender if he could go play nicely. He nodded yes and padded off to go annoy his brother. Here is a picture of the batter, before the chocolate chips were stirred in:



And here is the finished product, hot out of the oven:



and VOILA! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. WEWT! Now, I know you all want the recipe, so I have included it:

Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees

In one bowl mix:

1/2 C Shortening
3 C Sugar
2 Eggs
2 C Pumpkin (NOT pie mix, the can will say Pumpkin on it only)
2 tsp Vanilla

In a second bowl mix:

5 C Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg

Slowly add the second bowl to the first bowl as you mix. Then add a bag of chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes (I did 13 minutes for mine)

They are really good cookies, and they are highly festive, and who doesn't like to be festive!? ENJOY!!!! More soon...but now...I really must sleep...MUCHLUF to everyone :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

1 c. pumpkin,3/4 c. sugar, 1/2 c. oil, 1 egg, 2 c. flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. milk, 1 c. chocolate chips, 1 tsp. vanilla, Nuts. Dissolve baking soda in milk; set aside. In large bowl add pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg; stir. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
-------------
Lonet

Guaranteed ROI

dan radke said...

You got some cute ass kids, linds! And your blog is so cool, you got all those pictures and stuff. I should do pictures more often. Maybe I should make a few kids while I'm at it. Need to up the cuteness factor on my blog.

And if I weren't on this diet I'd totally make those delicious looking cookies. *sniff*

gwamma said...

I can't help but laugh every time I see the look on Sev's face and Ender crying behind him...that is a classic.