Sunday, October 26, 2008

I want fabulous!

Severian LOVES High School musical. And, secretly, I love it too. So today I decided to take him to go see:



Now, I understand that this may not SOUND like fun, but it was actually a very good time. Mostly because I secretly love High School Musical. My Mom watched the two babies so it was just a Mommy and Severian date to the movies. I bought him popcorn and a drink, and he was very excited to just be able to hang out with me by himself.



He was also highly excited about the popcorn



It is so cute to take Severian to the movies because first of all, he is to little to keep the movie seats down. So, he ends up sitting with the chair half folded on top of him. He is also very much my child, and loves musicals. When the show started, of course there was an opening musical number. One thing that I will say about this show is that it was very well choreographed, and the songs were generic, but jazzy nonetheless. When the songs would come on, Severian would start dancing and jamming out to the music. A couple of times he even started humming with the tune. It was pretty darn cute.

As a whole, the movie was highly cheesy. There was one part where Zac Effron asks whats her face to the prom. Because you know, it is High School, and there are proms. He says to her "I won't have to waltz will I, because I wouldn't know where to begin" or something to that effect. She replies with "I only know what my Dad taught me, he used to dance around the living room while I stood on his feet" (PLEASE don't ask me WHY I remember this cheesy dialogue. I don't want to talk about it). They laugh, and then start singing a song. Because you know, that's what you do. Not only do they start singing, but they start an intricate waltz number! I thought that was a little much considering they were talking about how they CAN'T waltz.

Severian became very invested in Zac Effron and whats her faces relationship. He was NOT happy when whats her face moved or whatever. He kept asking me why she didn't want to live with Zac Effron anymore. I tried very hard to explain to him that they were in high school, and therefore, were not living together. He didn't really get it. But, he is four, so, you know.

Like I said before, the dance numbers were actually very good, and very enjoyable to watch. I do love a good musical, and as such, it is SUPPOSED to be cheesy. There were a few one liners that made me giggle, and one part that I actually laughed pretty hard. All in all, it was very fun. It was so worth it to watch Severian jam out to the songs and cheer when everyone else cheered.

Now, some of you may know, but I was actually IN High School Musical 3. That is right my friends, I sat filming a crowd scene for 12 HOURS! It was neat though, because I did get to see all the stars. I was rewarded tonight because I could see me in the show. I was the little dot in the opening crowd scene. Yep. I am basically a movie star. Just sayin.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Brenna also loves Highschool musical and I secretly do as well! we are going to see it this week! so fun

Lindsay Adams said...

it totally was fun! You will love it!