Wednesday, October 22, 2008

He has a new haircut, oh it's so cool...

So, my sweet middle child Ender has lusciously curly hair. He also has big blue eyes, long eyelashes, and pink cheeks. This is generally a good combination. However, recently his hair has reached epic lengths. It was almost down to his shoulders, and when he woke up it was a swirl of curls and tangles. The other day we were out, and Ender was dressed all in blue. We were going down some steps when I heard the lady behind us tell her six year old daughter "Careful of the little girl honey, she is smaller than you." Let me remind you, he was wearing ALL BLUE. This was when I decided to take some action.

My previous haircut experiences with the boys have not been pleasant. It usually includes a lot of tears and screaming, and the hairstylist ends up slicing her hand open a few times. Also, Ender's hair is so freaking cute, that I refuse to buzz it, or crop it short. This left me with no option but to cut it myself. I mean, it can't be that hard right? I have seen the stylists cut hair for like what? 26 years now? I am basically a pro.

So, I got it in my head that I was going to cut Ender's hair. Polygamist mothers do it, I can do it to. Severian and Katalina were both asleep, so I figured that I could just focus on Ender and cut his hair. I gave him an old compact of mine with some blush in it so that he was pre-occupied, and I started looking around for my scissors. Now, I used to have shears, but of course I couldn't find them. I also could not find just normal scissors. All I had were Severian's saftey scissors...

Yes. I cut my child's hair with safety scissors....with green handles. SNAP!

Ender was actually very good through the whole process. He just played with the blush that I gave him and let me get his hair wet and fuss with it and cut it. I cut maybe an inch and a half to two inches off of his hair. This is a before pic from about two weeks ago:



And these are the after pics:





All in all, I don't think that I did a TERRIBLE job. I think the curls saved me from a major disaster because they hide any of the uneven parts. AND, he still has some curls, and doesn't look like a total girl! good times!!!

And, you know, if y'all want some awesome haircutting SKILLZ just let me know...ill share some tips. Cause I am awesome like that...

3 comments:

Claudine said...

Very impressive!! I think the green handles made all the difference.

Carly said...

You did a great job! I would love to cutBrenna's hair it is so un even from the last time I took her to get it cut I get too nervous!!

Tara said...

Good job! I cut Lily's hair, too. It was so much easier when it was the short baby hair. I haven't attempted a cut in awhile now that it is longer. You have inspired me with cutting longer hair. I think he is a cutie!