Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown!

This weekend has been crazy busy! I feel like I have been going non stop since 7 AM Saturday morning! We have had a really fun weekend though. I only get the kids every other weekend, and now I am working till 3:30 on Saturday, so sometimes I feel like we have to pack everything into that timeframe. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. However, this time it worked! Yay!

Yesterday I got off work and my Mom and I took the kids to Maceys cause they were having a free Octoberfest party there. We mainly went because they had promised face painting. Alas, the face painting booth was closed, but they did have a bunch of those blow up bounce house things that the boys played in. That was much fun. The boys got Carmel Apples, and my Mom and I got scones. This was all FREE, and I happen to love FREE, so it was awesome. This is me and Ender dancing:



After we went to Maceys, I took the kids to get pumpkins at a pumpkin patch! If you have not gotten pumpkins yet, I highly recommend this place. It is on 9000th south and about 2000th west. I always used to drive by it when we lived in the apartments near there, and I always wanted to go. This year, I made it a point to go there. It was quite the experience!





There is a big field filled with pumpkins. You do have to do some searching cause many of them have been eaten by bugs, or are going rotten. However, the ones that you do find are great. I have a video, but for some reason the quality was not as good as it usually is. But you can still get the idea:



Once we found our pumpkins, we went to buy them. They were actually a bit cheaper than those in the grocery store! Plus, it was a local farm so they had apples that they had grown, and local honey, which I thought was kind of neat. The kids each wanted an apple, and we walked out of the farm with two pumpkins, and Sev and Ender were eating an apple. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. It really felt like Fall. And, it almost felt like we had just gone to an old school country fair. The boys munched the apples until there was nothing left! And, as we were driving home, Severian sang "If your happy and you know it" in the back seat of the car. After we got pumpkins we went to get ice cream to end out the night. It was very fun! And that was only half of the weekend!

And, because it is the title of the post:

No comments: